Chocolate Snowdrop Cake
120g soft butter or margarine
120glight soft brown sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon sour cream or cr?me fra?che
100g self raising flour
a large pinch baking powder
20g cocoa powder
To finish: about 4 tablespoons any kind of chocolate spread and white Chocolate Buttons plus decorations
- Grease 2 x 15cm/ 6? sandwich tins and line the base with greased greaseproof paper. Set the oven to Gas Mark 5/190C/375F.
- Place the butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla essence and sour cream together in a mixing bowl. Sift on the flour, cocoa and baking powder and beat well until smooth and fluffy.
- Divide evenly between the tins and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Leave the cakes to cool a little in the tins. Then turn out, peel off the paper and cool on a wire rack. While the cakes are still hot choose one to be the top layer and arrange the chocolate buttons on top. The buttons will melt this is the time to add any decorations to the top of the buttons.
- When the cakes are completely cold sandwich them together with the chocolate spread and set the cake on a serving plate.