Pork and Bean Chilli
500g/ 1 lb lean leg of pork
2 teaspoons oil
1 medium onion, chopped
? teaspoon paprika pepper
? teaspoon ground cumin
2 clove garlic, crushed
2 chillies, de seeded and finely chopped or ? teaspoon dried chilli flakes
1 x 400g/ 1lb tin plum tomatoes
1 chicken stock cube
1x 400g/ 1 lb tin black eye beans, drained
1 green pepper, roughly chopped
250g/8oz butternut squash, de seeded and cut into chunks
Chopped avocado and tomato, fresh coriander, 0% fat Greek yoghurt
boiled brown rice or cous cous.
- Trim and cut the meat into 2cm/1? cubes. Heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan and fry the pork until browned all over. Spoon into a saucepan.
- Add the onion and fry until soft. Stir in the cumin and paprika and fry for a minute. Add the garlic and chilli and fry for another minute.
- Pour in the tinned tomatoes and stir until boiling. Add to the pan with the meat. Rinse out the tomato tin with water and add. Crumble in the stock cube and season with salt and pepper. Cover with a lid set at an angle and simmer gently for 45 minutes.
- Add the beans, green pepper and squash and simmer for another 20 - 30 minutes until the meat is tender and the squash cooked.
- Serve with a dollop of 0% fat yoghurt and scatter with coriander and avocado.